Monday, September 26, 2011

a little recycling

Hello, my friends.  I made some time to stamp today and did a little recycling in the process.  I love being able to use free materials.

I started by cutting some pieces from a brown grocery bag and rolling them around a bamboo skewer and gluing the end to form tight rolls.  I didn't want them all the same size, so I made sure I varied the width of the pieces I was rolling.  I used a few pieces of newspaper as well.  Then I pulled out my distress stains and dyed them all with various browns.  After arranging them how I liked, I stuck a sticky note to the front so I could flip them and glue them to card stock on the back without going through the process all over again.  Once the glue was dry, I added a bit of matte multi medium in between the rolls for more stability.  I then added a piece of raffia tied around the rolls.

My card base is creamy caramel with strips of more mustard and DCWV Indian Summer fall stack.  

I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix movers & shapers mini branch & leaf set dies to cut the leaves and branch from chocolate chip & pumpkin pie card stock.  I scored the leaves, folded them and ran them through my crimper and then sponged over the ridges.  I love the look that gives.  

My sentiment is from an older SU set called Season by Season, stamped in jet black stazon.  

My card fits the following challenges:

Ways to use it #341 - Back to School Week 4: Lunch Sack

Inspiration Challenge #303 ~ Creature Comforts: Inspiration Daily - inspired by cinnamon & spice #3

September Quick Fire challenge at OWSE Yahoo group (membership required) - autumn themed with at least one die cut 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful week.
 



1 comment:

Starla said...

OH MY!! I absolutely LOVE your rolled papers! It makes me think of treasured books on a shelf!!