Friday, October 14, 2011

tissue paper

Hello my friends.  I got lots of goodies today. The mailman, the Fedex man and the UPS man all brought boxes to my door today.  One package had some Crafters Workshop stencils in it, so I decided to play.

I used cherry blossom on my background with scattered straw distress stain.  Then I crumpled up some tissue paper and spread it over the stenciling with a glue stick.  The technique is called faux silk, although normally you stamp on the tissue rather than behind it.

I used another stencil for the stem and then stamped the leaves with an old SU set called paint prints.

The flower, colored with mustard seed and fired brick distress inks, is hero arts and is two layers, with dimensional tape between.  The button is from my stash.  I cut a very thin strip of black card stock to use as a 'thread' in the button holes.

The sentiment is one of my newest Tim Holtz' stamps.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Kathynruss said...

Butterflies and lilacs! Two of my favorite things. Thanks for the birthday wishes on SCS. Have added you to my faves. Always loved your stuff.

Starla said...

OHHHH!! I would have never thought to do the faux silk OVER the stamping....I like that idea!