Hello again. One tag closer to being done! Ha! Actually, I AM done! I just have the last two to post. But one at a time.
Here's the link to Tim's tag #11. And here's my version.
Oh, and more improvising... I don't have a melting pot. So I die cut some holly leaves & berries from shrink plastic and put them in the oven to shrink. Then I attached those tiny pieces to strips of post-it note in order to hold them in place while heat embossing. I pressed the leaves into versamark ink and then in clear UTEE, heated to melt the UTEE, and then, while still hot, dipped them in the UTEE again and heated. When using UTEE, I almost always use at least two or three coats, so that I get a nice, smooth surface. Once the leaves were cool, I colored them with alcohol inks.
I don't have a single Santa Claus stamp, so I decided to use a Christmas cardinal (SU) and just colored the bird red and the leaves green. It's a little hard to tell, but I used a sponge dauber to add yellow to the beak.
I love how the background turned out. At first I thought I flicked too much water on it, but it was OK once it was dry.
After attaching all the pieces, I realized that since my image is so much smaller than the one Tim used, my tag looked a little bare. So I added a border of faux stitching.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll have my final tag posted shortly.