And here's my last one for tonight. This one was so fun to make, but certainly had a mind of its own and went in a completely different direction than what I had anticipated.
Here's the link to Tim's tag #6. And here's my steampunk version.
I didn't have the sheets of sticky back foil, so I started by using metallic tape from the hardware store. Since it's only about 2" wide, I had to piece it on my tag.
Since I really didn't care for the bright colors Tim used on his tag, I decided to limit my colors. I pulled out my Cuttlebug clockwords embossing folder and knew right away that I wanted to use black. I suppose that there is something different on the coating of the tape, but the black paint didn't want to stick -- just kept beading up. So I wiped it all off and pulled out pitch black alcohol ink and used that instead. I covered the whole tag with the black ink, let it dry and then sanded over all the raised areas. Awesome! From that point, it was steampunk all the way.
I die cut umbrella man in black and white & trimmed off the umbrella. I wanted him to be holding up a wreath. Well, guess what. That was just not happening. He ended up carrying some big gears over his shoulder instead. I die cut the gears and clock from brushed silver and copper card stock and then dirtied them up with a black paint dabber.
Although I really love the look of steampunk, I usually struggle with creating anything like that, but this one just seemed to evolve all by itself. I'm really happy with the end result.
Thanks for visiting. I'm hoping to get some more creative time on Saturday, but the afternoon is my lace guild Christmas party, so I'm not so sure that I will.