Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tim tag #9

Hello my friends.  The house is a mess, there are dirty dishes in the sink, but... I have another tag done!

Here's the link to Tim's tag #9.  And here's my version.

The background is a Hero Arts stamp called pine flourish, stamped with pine needles distress ink and embossed and then colored over with barn door distress ink and embossed.  Over that I added vintage photo distress ink. 

Since I don't have the candlestick die, I made a street lamp using the sewing room die and the mini bird & cage die set.  I did something similar in this post.  I just trimmed off part of the dress form to make the post taller.  It's painted with pitch black and snow cap paint dabbers.  For the light in the lamp, I trimmed a piece of packaging plastic to fit and colored it with sunset orange and sunshine yellow alcohol inks and then backed that with white card stock.  The bow is part of a haul I made when a local craft store closed several years ago. 

The letters are from a retired Sizzix alphabet called block party.  I inked the black card stock with versamark and then with two coats of clear UTEE. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I guess I need to go wash the dishes now. 

2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The background is beautiful...love the image you choose. Also the shading on the lamp is awesome!!! Beautiful tag!

dawnmercedes said...

The bow on the lamp post is just great!