Hi my friends. It's masking time. I finally sat down and created a card for the masking challenge at the OWSE yahoo group. Stamps used are a Hero Arts butterfly, French script background from SU, and a sentiment from Gina K.'s take flight.
I stamped the butterfly with tuxedo black memento ink and colored it with copic markers and a bit of white gel pen. I then stamped it again on scrap paper, cut it out and used that for a mask while I stamped the background script. I did a lot of sponging around the butterfly with ballet blue ink and somewhere along the way, I smeared some red ink on the paper from my hand. Since it took me quite awhile to color the butterfly, rather than completely redo it, I just went with the spotches of ink and added a bit more here and there. It's pretty light and barely noticeable anyway.
The sentiment is stamped on white, sponged, and then I added a couple of faux brads punched from card stock. Then I just added layers of white and brilliant blue and placed it all on a ballet blue card base. I don't know why the butterfly looks all scratchy in the middle - something to do with lighting and my camera. IRL doesn't have any of that.
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week.