Monday, April 2, 2012

word play - C

Hello my friends.  It's another new month already.  Today I worked on another art journal spread for my word play journal.  I chose words that describe me -- at least some of the time.  I probably could have added crazy and confused, but I wanted them to be positive. 

There are pieces of some old book pages underneath the paint and I used ink on the stencils.  When I first purchased my stencils, I really didn't know what I would use them for or what I needed, so I find myself wishing that I had gotten more of the basic shape ones or those that make good background fills.  I'm certainly going to have to get some more. 

The letter C is made with zentangles and doodles and then sponged over with turquoise ink.  I also highlighted parts with white gel pen. 

The words were printed on the computer, sponged with turquoise ink and edged with a black marker. 

I like the added color from scraps of patterned paper. 

If you want to see the other pages that are completed so far, click on the word play tag and that should bring them all up. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a great week. 

2 comments:

Starla said...

I love your alphabet letters!!

Barbara said...

Is zentangle difficult to learn? This is beautiful!