Saturday, June 30, 2012

freedom

Good morning, my friends.  I can't believe it's been a whole week since I've posted.  I guess I'm still getting used to having family members home all day now that DH is working from home and DD is job searching.  Having them around cuts into my crafting time.  I have to clear space on the kitchen table twice a day instead of only once - lol. 

Since it's the last day of the month, all challenges for June at OWSE are due today.  One of the challenges was anything to do with flying.  I decided to double up and use my card for the inspiration challenge on SCS as well, using this crocheted bird as my inspiration. 

I spent Thursday playing at my sister's house.  I didn't take much along, but one of the stamps I had was a new background stamp from Hero Arts - newspaper background.  I love this stamp and know I'll get a lot of mileage from it.  I stamped it in vintage photo distress ink on ivory card stock and then added a flourish (Inkadinkado) in brushed corduroy.  I gave it an old distressed look by sponging vintage photo on the edges and over parts of the remainder, but left some areas uninked. 

I inked the flower (Penny Black) with peeled paint, faded jeans & vintage photo distress inks and stamped it on ivory card stock.  I used labels collection framelits (available from Stampin' Up) to cut the flower and a larger piece of black.  I used just a partial of the black die cut.  I sponged vintage photo around the flower and attached it with dimensional tape. 

The bird (Stampers Anonymous) was inked with faded jeans and carefully cut out.  This is also attached with dimensional tape. 

The final piece of black was punched with my dotted ribbon scallop border punch from SU.  


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have some wonderful plans for the weekend.  I'm going to have the house to myself, as the family is going for an overnight at a campground with some of their friends, and I elected to stay home in my cool air conditioned house and get crafty. 

3 comments:

Starla said...

OOOOO!! I love how your background turned out! I think I just might have to check into that stamp!!

luvthatstampin said...

Your card is beautiful!! I just found your blog after you sent me a HB wish from SCS. Thanks Melody. I'll be following your blog now.

jen said...

another gorgeous card, you are so talented gf