Saturday, December 22, 2012

a bit of crochet

Hello my friends. 

In light of how few posts I've made on my blog in the last couple of months, I was thinking that I hadn't been doing much creatively.  But then I stopped to think and realized that I have actually done quite a bit. 
Crocheting is something that is very relaxing for me, so it's easy to just take a break from something more tedious and crochet a round or two. 

Just grabbing 10 or 20 minutes here and there, I've done quite a bit of crochet.  I've made a number of small doilies (4" to 6" in diameter), a size that would make a nice coaster.

I've also made a couple of much larger ones that are about 13" across.  Here's one. 

The other, a white one, is a Christmas present, and I neglected to take a photo of it before I wrapped it. 

Most of these at least start out following a pattern, but I've been known to deviate along the way and completely change it.  That usually happens if I don't like the way the doily is laying, either curling up because the rounds are too tight, or ruffling because they are too loose.  So I adjust...  I rip out a lot, too.  It would be difficult to duplicate those, since I didn't follow the directions.  

Even though there are quite a few here, you might think these took a really long time, but in reality, I crochet rather quickly, so there really aren't all than many hours involved.  And the fact that I can pick it up and work for just 10-15 minutes at a time, makes it seem like I didn't spend much time on it at all. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Starla said...

Crocheting is something I never learned to do. My grandmother crochet all the time and I now have a very large doily she made drapped over a bench in my bedroom.
I like all your different patterns. They are like flowers!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful... amazing how many different patterns you have!