Friday, January 18, 2013

21 cards - #14

Hello, friends.  I sorta feel like the Energizer bunny... still going...

I have another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.

Please refer to this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

I used my Inspiration Jar again and pulled out the words - moon, butterflies, and handwriting.   I wasn't quite sure where I was going with it, but I knew I wanted a big moon with a face.  I wasn't sure how to make it with facial features, so I looked on line for one to copy, at least partially.  The one I found looked better than mine.  I cut a mask from scrap paper and used both pieces when applying acrylic paint, one for painting the background, and the other for painting the moon.  Face details were added with a black pen. 

I made some little yellow dots for stars, but then decided to go with the tiny butterflies.  Some of the dots are still visible. 

The handwriting is a Donna Salazar stamp, stamped several times in jet black archival ink. 

I printed the sentiment and cut it apart before gluing it down. 

Now I know you're all going to be checking for butterflies in the night sky. 

Thanks so much for spending some time with me. 

No comments: