Tuesday, January 22, 2013

21 cards - #19

Hello my friends.  So, from the number, you would think that I'm almost finished with this challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  But, since I'm doing mine two-sided, I just plan to keep going.  We'll see how many I finish before month's end. 

Please check this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

I pulled three words from my Inspiration Jar -- chalk, folds, and distressing, but only ended up using one -- chalk.

I used Color Box petal point chalk inks with a direct to paper technique to color my background.  I hadn't used these inks in a long time, and found that several had come apart - the sponge was detached from the base.  I used gel medium to put them back together.  I need to check if it is holding.  If it isn't, I'm probably going to have to rinse out the sponge, dry it out, glue it and then refill with ink.  I'm not sure if I have refills for all the colors.

I added just a little bit of vintage photo distress ink around the edges of my card.

Then I stamped a flower from Rubbernecker several times with jet black archival ink.  I also stamped just the blossom on white card stock.  I colored them all with watercolor pencils and used a blender pen to blend the color.  The extra blossoms were then cut out and glued over the flowers on the card. 

I printed the sentiment from my computer. 

The colors on this card make me happy.

Thanks so much for visiting with me today.  Enjoy your day.

No comments: