Saturday, January 12, 2013

21 cards - #7

Hello, my friends.  Well, I guess I'm on a creative frenzy.  This is my 7th card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art

Please refer to this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

I decided to use my inspiration jar again for this card.  The words I picked are: white, alphabet, and repetition.

I started by scribbling some distress markers on my non-stick craft sheet.  I used tumbled glass, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, and vintage photo.  Then I spritzed water all over the ink and pressed and dragged the card through the wet ink.  I wanted a little more color, so I sprayed some denim colorwash at the top, then more water and let it run down the page.

I repeatedly stamped an alpha stamp all over with jet black archival ink. 

I hand cut the scalloped edge from white card stock, sponged the edges with faded jeans distress ink and added some doodling. 

The feather was stamped three times, cut out and sponged with faded jeans. 

The sentiment is computer generated.  I used a 1/2" corner chomper to trim the corners before sponging the edges. 

Maybe because this card is blue and white, or perhaps it's the feathers, but I really love it. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

I have seen a couple of sets with feathers. I sort of want one!