Sunday, January 13, 2013

21 cards - #8

Good morning, my friends.  Another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  Are you getting tired of these cards yet.  I'm really loving making them.  It's sort of like working in an art journal, but smaller, but bigger than an ATC, so there's still room to play.  One of the things I like the most is that it's just playing for the joy of creativity.  I can experiment, try new techniques, products -- and it's just fun.  The end result doesn't need to be a masterpiece.

Anyway, on to card #8.  Please refer to this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

I again pulled some inspiration words from my inspiration jar.  I love how this system is working for me.   My words this time are blue, copper, and stars.

I started by dragging tumbled glass distress ink across the base.  All the ridges in the coffee filter really pick up the ink.  Then I spritzed it with water and let the ink soften and fill in the background.  A damp sponge helped that process a bit.  I did the same thing with faded jeans distress ink, but skipped the sponge part.

I was going to use the star section of my punchinella stencil with versamark and copper embossing powder, but the embossing powder kinda went all over.  I guess the background wasn't quite dry.  So I brushed it all off and went in a different direction.

I pulled out some very old copper card stock from SU and punched some stars, which I then glued down.  I printed the sentiment on white card stock, cut the words apart and glued them on.

It seemed to need something, but I didn't want to add too much, so I used a black marker and added a lot of tiny dots and some swirls.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

ooh, I like the blue with the copper stars!