Thursday, March 28, 2013

another dress

Hi friends.  I made another card today using the dress up dies from SU.  The ways to use it challenge on SCS was to use gingham, so I dug in my fabric stash to find a piece.  I don't think it's true woven gingham, just printed, but I figured it would work.  And it was just big enough to die cut one of the dresses from the dress up dies.  I cut the same dress from card stock to put behind the fabric for stability. 

The dress form was cut from a chipboard box and then stamped with wood grain cover-a-card stamp from Impression Obsession using vintage photo distress ink. 

My card base is mustard.  I embossed a piece of white with flourish and dots embossing folder and sponged mustard ink over the raised area.  I added faux stitching around the part that wasn't embossed. 

I added a strip of black card stock at the waist and a flower that is 4 blossoms punched with my Martha Stewart 3 in 1 hydrangea punch, with a black pearl in the center.  

The sentiment is from fanciful tags (Gina K Designs). 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Dawn Barrett said...

the pink flower is such a sweet addition!