Friday, March 29, 2013

embossed metal

Hello friends.  Today is the mix-ability challenge on SCS, and our challenge is to use metal. 

I used some foil tape stuck to card stock.  I colored the foil with alcohol inks and then ran the sheet through my cuttlebug with muscial flourish embossing folder.  I decided to put the metal behind a frame, so I used my mini cabinet card die (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) to cut a window in a piece of navy card stock.  Then I layered it on white and my pacific point card base. 

I have a new stamp set, secret garden (SU), that I just got this week, so I used that for the flowers and leaves (which are petals from the same flower stamp).  I think the flower is a clematis, but I colored them red with inktense colored pencils and a water brush.  Then I cut them all out.  Looking at the flowers all together, they look more like poinsettias - not exactly what I had intended.  I may have to use this for a Christmas card. 

Since there is a seam in the center where the foil tape is, I chose a couple of feather die cuts (Quickutz) to camouflage that.  Kind of a funky combination with the flowers.  I added lines on the feathers with a black marker and sponged on some turquoise ink. 

As a final decoration, I added some faux stitching with a white gel pen. 

Thanks so much for stopping in today. 

1 comment:

Dawn Barrett said...

I like that domed shape in the background...