Thursday, September 5, 2013

autumn

Hi friends.  I've seen a lot of faces all around blogland lately.  I've wanted to learn how to make them, or more precisely, paint them.  So I've been watching videos and have joined some groups, hoping to learn.  Drawing a face isn't really the issue.  My problem is putting a brush in my hand and figuring out how to blend paint to get the right shadows and highlights.  So far, the main medium I've used is watercolor crayons and pencils.  I really want to learn how to use acrylic paints for this. 

So I've begun... made a face... but then got stuck on the background.  So, I made another face... and got stuck on the background.  So, I made another, and another... (you get the picture).  Robyn (OWSE Yahoo group) has been pushing me to get one finished.  So I finally did!  Yay!  This one is done on 11"x15" watercolor paper. 

Of course, if you know me at all, you know that I rarely take the typical/normal route.  I guess I'm one of those who takes the road less traveled. 



Robyn has a challenge this week in the OWSE facebook group to make something for fall.  So I made my background from die cut leaves and pattern papers.  I stamped on some of them and edged them all with vintage photo distress ink.  I trimmed some so they look like they are actually behind her, and left some in front. 

I also put a few in her hair with a button embellishment. 

I hope you like her as much as I do.

6 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

You are getting really good at these girls! Wonderful picture!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is amazing - so beautiful Melody!! Love your creativeness.

Starla said...

HOLY MOLY! Incredible job for your "first" face!! I can't wait to see what you do with this new adventure!

Carole said...

Very cool. I always knew you could.

Grace said...

How pretty she is Melody! I have the same "dream" of one day having time to do some real painting... but no classes around here. I love how you did the bg!!! She is really beautiful and your highlighting is awesome!!!

dawnmercedes said...

I like the fall spray in her hair!