Monday, October 28, 2013

hope you can cling to day 28

Hi friends.  Here is one more card for the breast cancer awareness challenges on SCS.

Challenge thirty-one - I clearly care.  A card that has something clear on it (acetate, plastic, glaze, etc.) as well as some pink.

I decided to make an acetate window framed with spirelli.  I die cut a circle in white card stock and used a plastic canvas circle as a guide for piercing the holes around the circle.  Then I stitched the spirelli.  Although this technique looks complicared, it really isn't.  It only takes about 10 minutes to complete the circle.  I like to use black thread, because it looks so delicate.  Then I attached a piece of plastic packaging to the back of the window.

I stamped the flowers (fabulous florets - SU) and the butterfly (flores suaves - SU) with jet black stazon and then sponged on color, using summer sun & melon mambo.  Then I cut them out.  I glued the flowers on the card base so they would show through the window and I attached the butterfly to the front of the card.

After adding the sentiment, I attached the card front to the card base with foam tape.  

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: