Thursday, October 31, 2013

hope you can cling to day 30

Hi friends.  Today was the last day of the challenges for breast cancer awareness on SCS.  The card for yesterday's challenge just wasn't coming together, so I didn't get that one done until today.  And then, there were three new ones today.  I'm going to put those in another post. 

Challenge thirty-three -sparkling season.  A holiday card with glitter on it, and maybe pink.  


I decided to use the Tim Holtz tattered poinsettia die and elegant flourishes die.  I used all white card stock.  After die cutting a couple sets of the flowers, I pulled out my very old SU pigment inks.  Then I edged the flowers with tea dye distress ink.  I then lightly pressed the small and medium flowers onto the pretty in pink ink pad and then into irridescent ice embossing powder and heated them, so they were shimmery pink.  

The largest flower and the flourish were pressed onto both mellow moss and green galore ink, then embossing powder and heated.  I like the blotchy look on those.  I glued them all onto the card.  For the flower center, I edged it with tea dye ink and then added several layers of card stock behind it to pop it up a bit.  I put glue on the flower center and then added dazzling diamonds glitter.  

The sentiment from cardinal Christmas (SU) is stamped in black ink.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS - GORGEOUS -- GORGEOUS!!! I can't even fathom how you did this even after reading your instructions -- you do such beautiful work!