Friday, October 18, 2013

hope you can cling to days 16 and 17

Hi friends.  Here I am with more cards for the breast cancer awareness challenges on SCS.  Click here for more information. 

Challenge nineteen - pocket full of hope.  A card with a pocket, either pink or orange, and using either stars or hearts. 

I had a really hard time making this card; I think because technically, this is really three challenges in one.  So I went digging through my designer paper for something either pink or orange.  Since I don't use pink much, I decided to go with that and use some of it up. 

I made a double pocket card (tutorial here).  But then it took what seemed like forever to figure out the rest of the card.  I used stamps from SU, with pink passion and chocolate chip ink, to make two pull-out tags.

Challenge twenty - stand tall.  A card that is 3-1/2"x6". 

This card went together very quickly.  I stamped field flowers (SU) with old olive for the stems and peach parfait and groovy guava for the flowers.  The sentiment was stamped in vintage photo distress ink.  I made a little spirelli corner for an accent. 

My third card is for the ways to use it challenge on SCS today.  We were to use chipboard on our card. 

I glued some pattern paper (black market paper society) onto some cereal box chipboard and then die cut some butterflies (beautiful butterflies die - SU/Sizzix).  I added a strip of grape(?) card stock on a white base and then popped up the butterflies on that strip.  The sentiment is a new stamp (door county rubber stamps) I bought at the stamp fair last month.  I used seedless preserves distress ink. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Starla said...

Once again, I'm behind in my blog cruising and have missed so many of your creations!

The wanted card turned out fabulous!! I have such a HORRIBLE time redesigning cards that require math to figure out!! hehe!