Saturday, January 11, 2014

toilet paper molding

Hi friends.  It surely does not feel like Saturday today.  But, since it is, I participated in the inspiration challenge on SCS.  I chose the first sample given and took my inspiration from the red and white vase. 

I've wanted to try toilet paper molding since I've seen a few samples on various sites.  So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.  It is a fun technique and the results are quite stunning. 

You place a stack of toilet paper on your rubber stamp, wet it and then press the TP into the stamp crevices.  Once it is dry, you can use it on your project.  I used my heat gun and let it finish air drying.  I used French filigree background stamp from SU.  You can see the texture a little better in this second photo.  I wasn't sure how well it would die cut with one of the thinner dies, but I was pleased with the result. 

The flowers are from simply sketched (SU).  I stamped them twice, fussy cut them, but on one I cut off the bud, and placed them so I would have a taller image. 

I also punched a border with an abstract flower border punch. 

2 comments:

Starla said...

OOOOO!! This looks stunning!! I bet the texture is fabulous in person! I will have to give this technique a try!

Renee Matarese said...

This is beautiful and I love the soft look the tissue gives to the card.