Wednesday, September 24, 2014

sizzix challenge

Hi friends.  I decided to participate in this month's challenge on the Sizzix blog.  This is the inspiration for the challenge. 

Take The Sizzix Challenge!
I used the mason jar die to cut jars from white cardstock and clear acetate.  I also cut a partial from some shimmery gray cardstock for the jar cover. 

Using button, button from SU, I stamped a lot of buttons with tuxedo black memento ink and colored them with copic markers.  Some I didn't color.  All the round ones were punched out with various circle punches, but those that weren't round had to be cut out with scissors. 

Then I just started gluing them onto the jar back until the jar was filled with buttons. 

I attached the acetate to the back underneath the cover so the glue wouldn't show. 

Some faux stitching seemed appropriate with the buttons.  The jar is attached with dimensional foam tape. 

The sentiment is from rubbernecker, and is die cut with spellbinders labels seventeen. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 


Starla said...

Nicely done!! That is a LOT of buttons to cut out!

Susan (rainy) said...

So fun and clever, Melody. Love how you used the vellum for the jar.