Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31st... really?

Hi friends.  How time does fly!  I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I was sure that tomorrow was the end of the month.  I guess that means I need to do at least 2 every day on my calendar art for awhile.  I need to catch up!

And just to show you how mixed up I am on my days, I have two from yesterday that I didn't post yet.

The mixability challenge on SCS called for raindrops.  I used a little dorky bird from Judith.  And the free for all challenge called for teeny art.  Natural beauty's little bird to the rescue.  

I made one late last night and another this morning.  The first one was just a quick draw - for sure nothing fancy.  My drawing skills have never been enhanced by any education. 

For the second one, I wanted to use my favorite retired SU stamp set.  The one problem I've always had with this set is that the single flower and butterfly have some sketch lines on them that I don't like, so I typically would cut these images out.

I really didn't want to have to do that on my calendar, so I decided to do some long-needed surgery.  I took my exacto knife and cut off the lines!

I love them now.  I don't know why I didn't do that years ago.

So with a bit of masking, I used both the flower and butterfly, and then colored them with inktense pencils and a water brush.

I also drew in a few leaves.

I'm having so much fun with these tiny little spaces.  It usually doesn't take much time to finish one, so I haven't spent all day on it, but have still managed to get in a little creativity time.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  




1 comment:

Edie Edie said...

I absolutely love everything about your calendar. I bet I probably missed some of your creating this as I have just found and joined your site, but I love this idea and might start my own calendar. It will give me incentive to get back in my stamp room since losing my soul mate last October. You just never know how much good art you post will do for someone else, eh???