Thursday, January 7, 2016

and then December happened

Hi friends.  I was going to try to blog a little more often... and then December happened.  I worked like crazy to get my Christmas cards all finished, addressed, and sent.  And I also volunteered to be a hostess for December's VSN on Splitcoast.  The theme was Around the World in 80 days.  For challenges, we picked a country and something pertaining to that country.  My challenge country was Indonesia and my challenge was to make a card using some type of batik technique or fabric. 

This card has a background created with the acrylic batik technique.  

This next card uses batik fabric.  A number of years ago, I was given a bunch of fabric pieces by a lady who was moving and didn't want all her quilting scraps.  Included were a lot of small scraps, but there were also some larger pieces.  This fabric was was part of that. 
I glued the fabric onto some cardstock and then die cut the circles. 

Along with having my own challenge, hostesses are asked to make samples of the other challenges if we have time, so I did that also. Here are a few of those samples. 


I'll share more of these soon.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

No comments: