Friday, October 19, 2007

A gift frame

Hello. Yesterday's ways to use it challenge on Split Coast was to use wood. I had a plain wooden frame that I had purchased at Michael's for $1 that fit the challenge. First I painted the edges with cream acrylic paint. Then I glued a piece of Basic Grey Stella Ruby paper to the front and sanded the edges. I also sponged all the edges with chocolate chip dye ink. I added the large swirl from Pollen Dust (Autumn Leaves) in the upper left and lower right corners using chocolate chip craft ink. I then heated the ink to make sure it was completely dry. I coated the entire frame with a clear decoupage medium (2 coats) to give it a nice satin finish.

For the embellishments, I have a garland of flowers from JoAnns that I think are hydrangeas, which are white, blue and purple. I pulled a bunch of them off the garland and colored them with Copic marker R27. They are glued in stacks of 4. The center consists of a small flower punched from brushed copper card stock and a large gold paper fastener (brad), sanded, dipped in chocolate chip craft ink and clear embossed. The leaves are from the same garland. I cut them apart and colored them with Copic marker G99. Everything is attached to the frame with craft glue dots. The ribbon is 1/4" grosgrain, cranberry and spring moss (colored with the same Copic G99). I used a picture from a mailing rather than leave it blank.

1 comment:

Trudee said...

This frame is so pretty, Melody!! Is that your daughter? she is gorgeous!!!