Saturday, October 20, 2007

western flair & a little magic

Hello. I hope you're all having a great weekend. On Saturday, the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast was a painted gourd. I used a similar color scheme and tried to mimic some of the design elements. I love the look of all the copper dots on the black, so I used lots of brads and ended up with a very western looking card. The background is stamped in ruby red classic ink with images from SU's Wanted and Cowboy Kid. The main image is from Baroque Motifs. I stamped it in ruby red craft ink and embossed it with clear ep. Then I trimmed around the image and matted it on a black circle. The tan card stock is stamped using ruby red and creamy caramel ink and the rough around the edges jumbo wheel. I punched out a circle, cut it in half and mounted it on each side of the main image. I was going to add a sentiment, but there really wasn't room.

Card recipe: baroque motifs, cowboy kid, wanted, rough around the edges jumbo wheel (all SU)

ruby red, black and confetti tan card stock

creamy caramel, ruby red classic & craft ink

mat pack, piercing tool, antique copper brads, super jumbo circle punch (Uchida)


My 2nd card is for the October challenge over on Tracy's blog. This is a themed challenge using either a Disney or Hawaiian theme. Since I don't have any stamps for either, I decided to use this angel stamp as a fairy. I eliminated the halo and added a magic wand. I colored her with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Although the picture doesn't do it justice, this card just sparkles. I added stickles on the fairy's dress and wings, as well as at the end of her wand and falling like fairy dust. I also put stickles in each scallop around the sentiment, which was printed on my computer and punched with SU's scallop circle punch. The edges of the main image panel, as well as the circle, are sponged with ballet blue classic ink. The fiber is from my stash and worked perfectly with the theme and color scheme.
Card recipe:
Stamps: angel (Oscars Rubber Stamps)
Card stock: bashful blue, ballet blue and vanilla
Ink: jet black stazon and ballet blue
Accessories: sparkly fiber, stickles, scallop circle punch, sponge, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, stump, mounting tape
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

I just stumbled on your blog! Way to go!

Angel said...

Yay, you have a blog! I look forward to checking out all of your creations!