Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Color challenge

Yesterday's color challenge on Splitcoast was to use kraft, white & pomegranate. I had to hunt up some scraps of kraft card stock, because the file folder is empty and I'm waiting on an order that should arrive tomorrow.

I stamped the flowers from garden silhouette several times in white craft ink on some card stock that I got from a friend. Although it isn't SU's pomegranate, it's pretty close. I layered that on kraft and white, which are both sponged along the edges with pomegranate ink.

I stamped the same flower on kraft card stock in pomegranate ink and punched out three 1/2" circles, which I glued in the lower right-hand corner and covered with page pebbles.

The sentiment is from polka dots & paisley. I stamped that in pomegranate on kraft card stock and punched out as a circle. After sponging the edges, I glued it to a scalloped circle of white card stock, which is also sponged along the edges and pierced. This is popped up on mounting tape.

I felt like the upper left corner was still in need of something, but struggled for some time trying to come up with just the right touch. Then I noticed a large spool of velveteen ribbon that I recently purchased at a stamp rummage and thought it would match perfectly, so I decided to make a layered photo corner using that as one layer. It's a rather stiff ribbon, so it works beautifully in punches and cuttlebug dies. I punched the smaller photo corner from the ribbon and the larger one from white card stock, which I sponged in pomegranate. I couldn't locate my white brads, so I altered some others by sanding the tops, heating and dipping in white embossing powder and heating again. I love having that option. I have a cool tool I made to hold the brad white heating, so I don't end up with burned fingers. I popped up the photo corner on mounting tape and am very pleased with the way that corner touch balanced out the card.

Recipe - stamps: garden silhouettes, polka dots & paisley (SU)
ink: purely pomegranate, whisper white craft
card stock: whisper white, kraft, pomegranate
accessories: velveteen ribbon, photo corner punch, 1/2" circle punch, super jumbo circle & mega scallop circle punches (Uchida), brads, white ep, heat tool, piercing tool & mat, page pebbles, mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: