Monday, November 12, 2007

Jingle Bell Joy

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Today the technique challenge on Splitcoast was to use Japanese stab binding on your card. I've actually done this technique before on a handmade book with ribbon binding. It's quite a simple technique. I thought it would be fun to pair up my jingle bell stamp with a branch of pussy willows. I stamped the willows in basic gray and then just lined up the bell along the branches and stamped it twice in the same ink. I don't know who makes these stamps. They were some unmounted images I picked up a number of years ago at a stamp convention. I colored the willows with watercolor crayons and aqua painter and the bells with gold dust twinkling h2o's, which gives them a nice shimmer. I cut out the circle with my coluzzle and punched a scalloped circle from ruby red card stock. Both are sponged with chocolate chip ink. I then added the word joy from everyday flexible phrases. The dots along the scallops are liquid pearls. I used my cuttlebug and snowflake embossing folder to give the card some texture. This piece is also sponged lightly across the snowflakes and more heavily along the edges.

The recipe - stamps: everyday flexible phrases (SU), pussy willow & jingle bell (?)
Paper: ruby red, more mustard, chocolate chip, whisper white
Ink: basic gray, chocolate chip
accessories: cuttlebug, snowflake embossing folder, sponge, crop-a-dile, ribbon, coluzzle, giga scallop circle punch (uchida), watercolor crayons, aqua painter, liquid pearls (ranger), mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I will always get a giggle now when I see this card after you were "bleeped" on SCS!!

Anonymous said...

I completely adore this Christmas card!!

~Bev