Thursday, January 10, 2008

Saddle up!

Hi. I hope you're all having a wonderful day. I have spent almost all day on one card. That is not how I planned to spend my day. The ways to use it challenge on SCS today was leather in some form. I chose to use the real stuff.

The horse is stamped on a piece of deer hide using timber brown stazon ink. Then I colored it with Copic markers. I attached it to a piece of really rust card stock and punched the holes with my crop-a-dile and added eyelets. Then I sponged the edges of both the leather and card stock with chocolate chip ink. I also added the lacing of natural hemp. This piece is raised up.

The circle is a piece of an old purse and is stamped with versamark and embossed in copper. I put it in my cuttlebug with a scalloped circle nestabilities die, but it wouldn't quite cut through that thickness, so I had to finish the cut with my paper snips. I backed the circle with a piece of card stock for stability and added the turquoise jewel brad in the center.

The background is polished stone, done with Ranger alcohol inks on vellum card stock. I scalloped the edge with a corner rounder with the guide removed. I added dots in the scallops with a marker.

The little horseshoe brads were a light purple and just didn't look right, so I embossed them with copper.

Supplies:
stamps: wanted, bareback (SU)
ink: versamark, timber brown stazon, chocolate chip, alcohol inks - stonewashed, stream, wild plum, copper (Ranger), copics - E27, E99
paper, really rust, chocolate chip, outlaw dp, vellum card stock
other: leather, natural hemp, crop-a-dile, eyelets, sponge, copper ep, heat tool, brads, corner rounder, mounting tape

Even though it took me most of the day, this was a fun card to make. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: