Friday, February 8, 2008

Moochas Amor

No hearts, no flowers, no pink, no red --- just moochas amor! Today's limited supplies challenge on SCS is to make a non-traditional valentine with some pretty tough limitations. I knew I was going to have to do some thinking. So I started looking through my stamps to see what I could come up with and this is the result - a valentine cow!
I almost went just black and white, but decided I wanted a bit of color for some pop, so I added some polka dot paper, which also makes this card work for the ways to use it challenge -- double good, wouldn't you say? I think the card is pretty self-explanatory, except the sentiment was done with magnetic alphabet stamps and I trimmed the ends of that piece in my key tag punch.

Supplies:
stamps: cow (Cornish Heritage Farms), sentiment (Making Memories magnetic letters - rummage)
ink: jet black stazon
paper: basic black, whisper white, dp (unknown)
other: key tag punch, ticket corner punch, crop-a-dile, ribbon (Michael's), mat pack, piercing tool, mounting tape

I'm so glad you stopped by. Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like the pop of color on this....cute idea!
starla

Shelly said...

This is so cute Melody! I love the pop of color. I just found your blog, I'll visit again soon!

Jen said...

HA HA!! This is GREAT!