Saturday, February 2, 2008

More Black Magic

Oh, I really love this technique. I've been playing with a bunch of images, but haven't made them into cards yet. I did make another chipboard photo holder similar to the one on yesterday's post, but the big flower is turquoise and is double layered. But the card I'm going to show you today, I made for Wednesday's sketch challenge on SCS. I finally was able to get to it this evening. The big dahlia is done in the black magic technique, but is made up of four graduated layers that are cut out and raised on circles of card stock (3 between each layer of the flower. This gives so much dimension to the flower. The colors of pure color pencils that were used are orange and rust, which I thought looked like copper, so I used some copper accents on this card. The groovy guava card base is stamped with boho backgrounds and the teal layer is stamped with priceless. I punched holes along the back backing on the copper strip and threaded copper cord through, criss-crossing it along the strip and then I added black brads in between.

Supplies:
stamps: fabulous flowers, priceless, boho backgrounds (SU)
ink: basic black, white craft, really rust
paper: groovy guava, taken with teal, basic black, brushed copper
other: heat tool, pure color pencils, white gel pen, copper cord, black brads, 1/16" punch, mounting tape

I'm so glad you stopped by. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Lastel said...

Oh...very pretty !

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Great work!

Jen said...

This is amazing work!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the way you threaded & crisscrossed the cord! That is so clever. Gorgeous card!