Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Are you ready to see the end of winter? I am. And my card today reflects that. I made this for Lauren Meader's saturday sketch challenge on her blog.
The umbrella is made using a cuttlebug die that is a flower petal. I punched 5 and glued them together. Then I took my 1" circle punch and snipped off the bottom edge to form the scallops along the base of the unbrella. The pole is a skewer, which I colored lightly with a copic marker.

The bunny is all punches - circles and ovals. I sponged the edges before gluing them all together. A very simple card. Once the unbrella and bunny were put together, it only took a couple of minutes to complete the card.

Supplies:
stamps: season by season (SU)
ink: tempting turquoise, close to cocoa
paper: creamy caramel, basic black, cool caribbean, tempting turquoise, print pack, turquoise dp (local sale)
other: cuttlebug, build a flower die, skewer, small oval punch, 1/2", 1", & 1-3/8" circle punches, dimensionals

I'm so glad you stopped by.

4 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh totally adorable! And you stepped it up!! Love this. And guess who finally got the CB butterflies...........ME!! TFS!!

Jeanne S said...

This is just too cute! Love the punched bunnie!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Melody!! This is so clever and cute. That little bunny is fabulous!!! I love this card.

Lydia said...

awwwww!!! I love this!! Can there EVER be enough bunny butts in the world????

TFS

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com