Saturday, March 15, 2008

western wear

Happy Saturday. When I looked at the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast last night, I knew this one was going to require some thought. I finally decided to use the boot as my starting point, but went instead with a western style boot. I wanted to make a boot shaped card, so I made a pattern from a card, but had to alter the size considerably so it would be a normal A-2 card. Several years ago, a friend gave me a gorgeous cream colored deer hide to use in my crafts. This was perfect for my boot.
I cut one piece the same as the card and another for the embellishment. On the decorative piece, I stamped the roses from both way blossoms with black stazon ink and colored them with Copic markers. Along the edges of that piece I made a row of dots and connnected them with black pigma pens for faux stitching. I glued this piece to the boot shape and added brads. I used my Japanese screw punch for the holes. For the sole and heel, I just colored with black Copic marker. Then I glued the whole thing to a kraft card stock base. I love this card.

Supplies:
stamps: both way blossoms (SU)
ink: jet black stazon, Copics - black, red, green, black pigma pens
paper: kraft
other: deer hide leather, Japanese screw punch, brads, tacky glue


I'm so glad you stopped. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh Melody!!! This is completely awesome! Perfect details right down to the brad placement. I LOVE THIS!!

stampincuzIluv2 said...

Fabulous!! I totally love this. Great details
Dee

Anonymous said...

This is INCREDIBLE!!! I love everything about it!!
Starla

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I'm in awe! This is absolutely amazing! Every detail is perfection. This is one VERY special card!

Julia Stainton said...

WOW! So creative! I just love this design Melody!

diane (cookiestamper) said...

this is awesome! you created a great pattern!