Thursday, March 13, 2008

pearls of joy

Hi there. I've actually been able to do some stamping this week for fun. Today I have card for another Splitcoast mini vsn challenge. This challenge was to use pearls of some sort on your card. I used the heated pearls technique and also added some liquid pearls. The first time I did heated pearls, I didn't have any pearl ex, so I substituted chalks, which worked ok, but the pearl ex is so more more shimmery and pretty. I'm not sure what colors of pearl ex I used, because my jars aren't labeled, but I'm guessing a copper and medium blue or turquoise (at least those are the card stock colors that matched). The background (done on both the black and turquoise) is pretty petals embossed in copper. The heated pearls was done on glossy white card stock and then I punched out butterflies with my cuttlebug and butterfly die. They are attached with mini glue dots with pop dots under the wings to add some dimension. The letters are punched with a sizzix block party alphabet and my cuttlebug. The small butterflies are punched with a Martha Stewart butterfly punch. I sponged the edges with black ink and added the bodies with black marker. These butterflies are raised on mounting tape.

Supplies:
stamps: pretty petals (SU)
ink: versamark
paper: glossy white, basic black, tempting turquoise
other: copper ep, pearl ex, heat tool, cuttlebug, sizzix & cuttlebug dies, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), liquid pearls (Ranger)

I'm so glad you stopped by. Have a great day.

No comments: