Friday, April 11, 2008

dp delight

The limited supplies challenge today on splitcoast was to create your own designer paper. When I first saw the challenge, I thought this will be fun and it was. However, it was also very time consuming. I'm not going to go into all the detail of creating this other than a brief summary.

I used crinkled chalks, direct to paper, misting with markers, sponging, piercing, and lot of different stamps. The bird is colored with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Although I spent a number of hours (seriously) on this, I really love the result. I think I should have made a copy or two, so I could use it again.

Supplies:
stamps: touch of nature, garden silhouettes, itty bitty backgrounds, French script (SU), in the meadow (Lizzie Anne Designs), swirl (Hero Arts), crackle background (Judikins)
ink: jet black stazon, chocolate chip, pale plum, not quite navy, certainly celery, always artichoke, creamy caramel, Colorbox chalk inks (don't remember which colors)
paper: chocolate chip, pale plum, not quite navy, very vanilla
other: prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Japanese screw punch, brad, sponge, chocolate grosgrain ribbon, rectangle punch, tag corner punch, brayer, mat pack, piercing tool, mounting tape

I hope you enjoy. Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

Jen said...

The hours were well worth it. This turned out just wonderful.

Erika H. said...

What a gorgeous background you have created. I love your card...it turned out so lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!