Saturday, April 12, 2008

inspired by a cow

If you're expecting to see a cow, I hope you aren't too disappointed. Well........., if you really want to see one, check out today's inspiration challenge on splitcoast. And if you follow the link to the website, there are many more. Some very interesting pieces of artwork. I was so overwhelmed by so many choices that I decided to simply use the one that was posted as my source of inspiration. The swirly turquoise dress is what inspired this card.
I stamped the girl in adirondack pitch black ink on white mat coat card stock and also stamped it again on turquoise card stock. I used my copic markers to color the girl and cut out the dress and glued it over the white one. Then I added pink glitter gel pen to highlight the dress. The glitterly brads started out plain and drab. I sanded them, dipped them in positively pink craft ink and then in iridescent ice embossing powder and heated them. The pink scalloped layer was made using a slit punch. Dots of glitter gel pen were added to the scallops and the front piece. I didn't know what I wanted to do with the right side of the card, so I finally decided to stamp some swirls from baroque motifs.

Supplies:
stamps: baroque motifs (SU), girl (Stamp Oasis/Rubbernecker)
ink: positively pink craft (retired SU), adirondack pitch black, copic markers
paper: tempting turquoise, pixie pink, basic black, white mat coat
other: brads, iridescent ice ep, heat tool, stardust glitter gel pen, slit punch

I'm so glad you stopped by.

No comments: