Sunday, April 27, 2008

thinking outside the box

Hi there. I've been working on some cards for classes today. This is one that I'll use this week. Sometimes we don't always see the full potential of a stamp set, unless we really think about it. For this card, I used the SU hostess set, Infinite Goodness. Really! Do you see it? Yes, the flower petals are made from the pear. I just cut them out along the inner most line. Pretty cool, huh? I stamped the pear 7 times on so saffron card stock with basic gray ink. Then I cut them out and cut off about a half inch from the stem end. I sponged the edges with ruby red ink and then glued them to a 1-1/4" saffron circle. For the flower center, I glued the large flower punch from boho blossoms punch and a daisy, both in black. I pierced a hole through all the layers and added a black brad. Then I curled the petals a little with my fingers.

Using certainly celery ink, I rolled Stems & Silhouettes jumbo wheel up the left side of the card. I used my large oval punch to punch two leaves from wild wasabi and glued then to the card with the flower on top. The sentiment was stamped in basic gray ink.

Supplies:
stamps: infinite goodness, sincere salutations, stems & silhouettes
ink: basic gray, certainly celery, ruby red
paper: certainly celery, so saffron, wild wasabi, basic black
other: piercing tool and mat, black brad, sponge, large oval punch, boho blossoms punch, daisy punch

I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open, so I'm heading off to bed.

I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo creative!! I have this set and will now look at it in a whole new light!
starla

Erika H. said...

WOW! I LOVE how you made a flower out of pears...how amazing! The colors are wonderful...great card.

Anonymous said...

Just went to a SU party and saw this set. Now I'm sorry I didn't buy it. The card you made it beautiful. I love yellow.

bensarmom said...

Melody this is just fabulous! I love how well you think outside the box. This is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

How cool is this!! Love your pear petals.

Anonymous said...

Melody, your Pear flower is gorgeous! So is the rest of the card. Beautiful!!!
Hugs and smiles

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH wow this is fab baby!

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful. I love the colors.