Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bloom with Abandon

I love that phrase. It brings to mind a field of wildflowers in a multitude of colors and no set pattern. Although formal gardens are beautiful, I love the freedom inspired by a field of wildflowers.

Last night I made my final card for the Kim Hughes blitz at Cornish Heritage Farms. This challenge was to combine Kim's stamps with other CHF stamps.

I started by inking the shady daisy backgrounder with purely pomegranate ink and stamping on vanilla card stock. Then I inked the scratched grid backgrounder with not quite navy and stamped it right over the top of the first one. I like how you can change the look by stamping two or three backgrounds over each other.

Next, I stamped the largest stamp from nature silhouettes three times in elegant eggplant ink. And then the largest stamp from silhouette blooms I several times in taken with teal ink. I layered the piece on purely pomegranate and tied an eggplant grosgrain ribbon around it. In the upper left corner, I added a double photo corner punch of eggplant and taken with teal, accented with three black brads and raised on dimensional tape.

My intention with the sentiment was to stamp it directly onto the panel, which I did in eggplant ink. And guess what? It just sort of disappeared into the image, not literally, but it just didn't stand out. Soooooo... on to plan B! I pulled out a piece of vanilla and stamped it in teal, layered with teal and added a cut down version of a photo corner, with three white faux brads made with a white gel pen. I attached it with dimensional tape, but wasn't happy with it. Then inspiration struck. I pulled out the same large stamp from silhouette blooms I, inked it in pomegranate, stamped off once, and with some scrap paper protecting the lower portion of the card, stamped it on the sentiment panel. Woohoo! I love it!

Supplies
stamps: shady daisy, scratched grid, silhouette blooms I, nature silhouettes, sentiment - the rummage bin (all Cornish Heritage Farms)
ink: purely pomegranate, elegant eggplant, taken with teal
paper: taken with teal, purely pomegranate, elegant eggplant, very vanilla
other: photo corner punch, white gel pen, black brads, eggplant grosgrain ribbon, dimensional foam tape

I'm so glad you took the time to visit today. Now, go on and Bloom with Abandon!

No comments: