Sunday, June 29, 2008

perhaps in the meadow

Another brisk day here, but mostly cloudy. But I'm not complaining, because it isn't hot. I don't like hot.

My card today was created for a challenge on the Our Creative Corner blog. The challenge is to use Basic Grey designer paper on a card and a randomly picked participant will get a $15 gift certificate from Jacksonbelle Embellishments. If you have ever checked out my gallery on SCS, you will see that I am basically a stampy stamper rather than a scrappy stamper. In more simple terms, I have an extremely difficult time (low level panic - yikes) using designer paper on my cards. I think I'm going to mess up my pretty paper, or pick a couple that don't match and ruin my card. I know it's unreasonable, but I have a fear of failure. So, needless to say, this wasn't an easy challenge for me, but I guess that's what makes it a challenge.

I chose 2 pieces of Basic Grey Perhaps paper from a 6" pad. Using In the Meadow stamp set by Lizzie Anne, I stamped on both pieces. I wanted a little bit brighter color than what was in the paper, so I colored the flowers with artichoke, rose red and burgundy markers, misted and stamped. I also stamped the dandelion in caramel randomly on both pieces. The edges of the dp are sponged in chocolate chip and the sentiment is stamped on vellum, because I really didn't want to cover the image with card stock. I trimmed the vellum with deckle scissors and then used some antique gold brads to hold the vellum in place. I stapled a small piece of twill on and attached this piece with dimensional foam tape.

I dug in my button jar for some brownish buttons, added some crochet cotton and attached them with glue dots. Although this card looks like it could be done in less than 30 minutes, it seriously took me well over TWO HOURS!

Supplies
stamps: in the meadow (Lizzie Anne)
ink: chocolate chip, creamy caramel, bravo burgundy, rose red, always artichoke, jet black stazon
paper: bravo burgundy, vellue, dp (Basic Grey Perhaps)
other: brads, buttons, twill, staple, sponge, large corner rounder, piercing tool, brown crochet cotton.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the different corner treatment on the main image panel. The vellum.. the paper and the gorgeous flowers are all fabulous!