Monday, June 30, 2008

watercolor with markers

I have a small class this week and this is one of the cards we will do. I can't remember who explained this technique, but it was one of those light bulb moments for me. I stamped the image on watercolor paper with stazon ink. Then I used my SU markers to highlight basically only the areas that are already shaded on the image. Then use an aqua painter to pull the color and spread it around on the image. Depending on how much ink you laid down originally, your image can be very light or very vivid. The rest of the card is pretty simple -- adding some sponging, ribbon and glitter.

Supplies (all SU)
stamps: morning soft, stem sayings
ink: jet black stazon, brilliant blue, old olive
paper: watercolor, whisper white, old olive, brilliant blue
other: sponge, aqua painter, horizontal slot punch, royal blue grosgrain ribbon, dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensional foam tape

Thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloring, Melody. This card is fabulous!