Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another shimmery flower

Hello everyone. I'm working my way through the Dare to Get Dirty challenges, but I'm already behind. I did the second one from yesterday, but didn't get any done for today. This one is for Jody's ribbon challenge. (If you are not a SCS fan club member, you will not be able to view this link.)

Since I still had Doodle This out from yesterday, I decided to use it again. I love that big flower. I started with some turquoise velvet ribbon, but that fell by the wayside as I went along. It was too thick for how I wanted to use it. So I ended up using this narrow dotted ribbon instead. I stamped the big flower on white five times with black stazon and painted them with twinkling H2Os. I really love the shimmer those give. I wish I had more colors. Then I cut them all out. This flower is so easy to cut out, because you don't have to be real accurate with your cutting. When I stacked the flowers, I added a small circle of card stock between each layer for a little bit more dimension, although I'm not really sure it made any difference. The black center is made of two punched flowers. I added some turquoise stickles around the jewel brad.

The rest of the layout is exactly what I had in mind, but I think I probably should have used a background stamp, so the background had a little bit of texture.

supplies
stamps: doodle this (SU), sentiment (Lizzie Anne)
ink: jet black stazon
paper: tempting turquoise, basic black, whisper white
other: buttons, thread, ribbon, jewel brad, turquoise stickles (Ranger), twinkling H2Os, dimensional foam tape

I'm so glad you stopped by. Remember if you haven't already done so, you have until Wed. evening to comment on the post for blog candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOO!! I like your layout (and how can you go wrong with blue?!!)