Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a red corvette

Happy hump day! We've been having some beautiful weather here in Wisconsin. About mid-afternoon, it gets a bit warmer than I like and I usually end up turning on the AC, but only for a few hours and the nights have been around 60, which is so comfortable for sleeping with the windows open.

I'm still working on the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on SCS, although I seem to be getting further behind each day. This card was made for Michelle's challenge yesterday (for fan club members only). I started with a completely different image, but messed it up when I literally dozed off with an open marker in my hand. Obviously, it was past time to go to bed. So this morning I changed my mind and picked a different image. I had in mind to try to use paint chips on my card, but didn't have any red ones to go with my image, and I really didn't feel like a trip out to Walmart, where I had gotten this particular shape. Then I had the idea to simply trace the shape on card stock and I could make it any color I wanted. The idea worked perfectly.

I stamped the corvette from classic convertibles with adirondack pitch black and colored it with copic markers. I highlighted a bit with a white gel pen and spica clear glitter pen. Then I cut out the image and popped it up on white card stock that was cut in the shape of the paint chips. I used my layer ease to make the black and silver layers and added the silver brads as an accent.

For the background, I cut two red and two black faux paint chips, added the screw brads and arranged them as you see them for a fun layer behind the image. The image panel is also raised on dimensional foam tape.

supplies
stamps: classic convertibles
ink: adirondack pitch black
paper: real red, basic black, whisper white, silver (retired SU)
other: copic markers, white gel pen, copic spica clear glitter pen, silver brads, screw brads, dimensional foam tape

(edited: I mistakenly announced the winner of the blog candy, when you still have a week to post. However, since I did give out a name -- Susie (who said) I would love to meet Lauren Meader, she is such an inspiration to all and a busy lady.... -- Susie, email your snail address to me and I will send you some goodies. You will still be included in the drawing for the stamps.)

I'm so glad you all stopped by.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wowzer! Love the lo of this card,the color and most of all the Car!!!! Great stamp for a masculine card,but hey could be a feminine card also,just change the colors and a bit of glitter!!!
Absolutely gorgeous!