Good morning. The card I have for you today was made for the Rubbernecker Blogger Challenge, which is posted each week on Jeanne's blog. This one was to use either grungeboard or chipboard on your card. I opted to use some grungeboard, since I have a bit that I forget to pull out and use. The main image and background are both from Rubbernecker.
I started by stamping the image on Georgia Pacific white card stock with adirondack pitch black ink and coloring with copic markers. Then I cut it out. I love this out of the box type image. I backed it with chocolate chip card stock and set it aside.
Since I have a limited number of colors in my copic markers, I typically have to choose my card stock by which copic colors I use. That was the case for this card. Hence, the purely pomegranate and regal rose.
For the background, I inked up baroque background with pomegranate and stamped the rose card stock, but decided it was way too dark and too busy, competing with the image. So I flipped the card stock over and stamped on the other side with regal rose instead - a much better choice. I sponged the edge just a little with pomegranate ink and glued this piece to the pomegranate card base.
Then I pulled out my grungeboard and found a swirl that was a good size to use. Of course, since the grungeboard is a grayish color, I needed to change that, so I used the same copic marker that I used for the darker part of the flowers to color the grungeboard swirl. I decided how I wanted it to lay and glued it to the image, then added the brads.
I wanted to add some ribbon, but didn't have any that matched at all, except rose grosgrain, but I wanted it to stand out more, so I took that same copic marker and dyed a couple short pieces of grosgrain ribbon - perfect match. So I glued them to the back of the image and then attached the image to the card using dimensional foam tape.
I liked it, but there still seemed to be something missing. So I added some faux stitching with my white gel pen. This is a step that should really have been done before gluing everything together, so my stitching isn't the best. And then I added some crystal effects and dazzling diamonds glitter to the flower centers.
stamps: daisies, baroque background (rubbernecker)
ink: adirondack pitch black, purely pomegranate, regal rose, copic markers
paper: purely pomegranate, regal rose, chocolate chip, GP white
other: grungeboard, gold brads, grosgrain ribbon, white gel pen, dimensional foam tape, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds glitter
Thank you for stopping by today.