Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So distressed

Oh, not me... my card. Yesterday after my class, I only got one card done. I started another, but I had a hard time getting a handle on it, so I decided to sleep on it. I'm still working on the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast. I have three more to complete. Laura's challenge was to get dirty and make a distressed card. I really love the look of these and manipulating paper is fun. Of course, there's a tendency to get ink all over your fingers. But this type of card tends to take more time to complete.

I used SU's With Gratitude set. The card base is really rust and all the images and sponging are done in chocolate chip. The right edge is also roughed up with a distressing tool.

The main image is stamped in black stazon on watercolor paper. Then I just scribbled on some markers and blended with a blender pen. Over the top I stamped Sanded lightly in creamy caramel and Itty Bitty Backgrounds randomly in chocolate chip and backed with black. Lots of sponging and distressing. I punched two holes in each corner and threaded some natural hemp through the holes and around the corners. The hemp didn't want to catch on the upper right corner, so I just tied it in front. I think I actually like that better anyway. Two black brads add some interest. I attached the image panel with dimensional tape. Then I added two cut off word window punches and sewed the button and ribbon to the card with black crochet cotton.

supplies:
stamps: with gratitude, sanded, itty bitty backgrounds
ink: jet black stazon, creamy caramel, chocolate chip, more mustard, really rust, ruby red, old olive, summer sun, always artichoke
paper: really rust, basic black, watercolor
other: blender pen, 1/16" punch, black brads, natural hemp, ribbon, button, crochet cotton, dimensional foam tape, word window punch, sponge, distressing tool

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: