Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a sultry embrace

Well, not really. When I saw the sketch challenge on SCS, I knew I needed to make a card, since it was a pretty simple sketch. I know that lately I've been using a lot of stamps that are non-SU, mainly because there have been some challenges with prizes and who doesn't like to win stuff. So, with that being said, I decided that I wanted to use something SU for today's challenge.

I haven't played with embrace life lately, so I pulled that set out to use. I only used one stamp, the big flower, but I colored some green for leaves. I stamped the flower is black stazon on vanilla and colored it with watercolor pencils and blender pen. I used 4 cut out flowers for the blossom. This particular flower, when cut out, has a good sized gap between two of the petals, so it's pretty easy to fit two flowers together and make a fuller flower. I did that twice, gluing the sets together and then building the flower up with dimensional foam tape between the two double flowers. It really pops up off the card. It's mounted (again with dimensional foam tape) on a piece of purely pomegranate backed with black. Each piece of dp is also backed with black and the green galore strip as well. The green strip is also pierced using my mat pack and piercing tool. I added some white dots around the edge of the pomegranate piece with a white gel pen.

supplies:
stamps: embrace life (SU)
ink: jet black stazon
paper: basic black, very vanilla, purely pomegranate, green galore, dp (sultry & perhaps - Basic Grey)
other: black brad, mat pack, piercing tool, dimensional foam tape, white gel pen

I'm so glad you stopped by.

No comments: