Thursday, August 28, 2008

a double challenge

Hi everyone. I got a chance to stamp today, so I decided to combine two challenges on splitcoast, the sketch challenge and the ways to use it challenge.

There was really no pre-planning for this card. I needed to use a set that I could color, as well as images that would fit in this layout and these pumpkins from Autumn Harvest worked quite well for both. That also determined the color scheme, so this card was quite easy to put together.

I stamped the images in black stazon on vanilla card stock and colored them with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The gourd and the large pumpkin are cut out and popped up on foam tape. I've gotten better with my coloring, but still haven't achieved real depth in the images. I need to work on that.

The backgrounds are both from Cornish Heritage Farms and are stamped with creamy caramel ink. I sponged all the edges with chocolate chip and added faux stitching. The photo corner punch is also stamped with the burlap backgrounder and popped up. The brads are faux, as well.

supplies
stamps: autumn harvest, season by season (SU), burlap backgrounder, canvas backgrounder (CHF)
ink: jet black stazon, chocolate chip, creamy caramel, black marker
paper: basic black, more mustard, old olive, really rust, very vanilla
other: mat pack, white gel pen, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, sponge, foam tape

I'm so glad you stopped by today.

4 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Beautiful card, Melody. I love the photo corner and how you tied the image off with twine. JUST MARVELOUS!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh!! I like this one!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Your coloring and shading and highlighting are absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous card!

Chriserendipity said...

Actually, Melody...I thought your depth was great...it really looks as if the light is shining on that large pumpkin in the forefront and I was totally admiring that realistic effect! Wish I could only do as well! :o)
Chris in Calgary AB