Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Some class cards

These are the cards we did in my Tuesday morning class today. As we have done in the past, during the month of October, each week we do one Christmas card. This is actually the first Christmas card that I've done this year. I'm usually not this far behind, but time seems to have just slipped on by me this year.

I used a new SU set from the holiday mini catalog called Scandinavian Season. I stamped the snowflake randomly in white craft ink on the card base and then heat set it to dry the ink. I then added a strip of handsome hunter across the bottom. The sentiment was stamped in black on white and punched out with my key tag punch. I added some faux stitching to set it off a bit.

The mitten was stamped in black on red twice and cut out. I did faux stitching around the white rectangle and layered it on handsome hunter. To attach the red string (crochet cotton), I pierced a hole and put the brad in loosely, then wrapped the string around the brad and tightened the brad by pressing it down with the back of a stamp. Then I stretched out the string and glued down the ends where I wanted the mittens to hang. And then I attached the mittens with foam tape.

As a final touch I added two snowflakes that were punched out with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch.

supplies:
stamps: Scandinavian Season, Hugs & Wishes
ink: basic black, white craft
paper: real red, handsome hunter, whisper white
other: red crochet cotton, gold brad, key tag punch, snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), foam tape

I just love all the stamps I've seen recently that have flourishes built right into the image (birds, trees, flowers, etc.), so for my second card, I thought I would see if I could do something similar without buying a stamp.

I used the cross from Refuge and Strength (which I bought months ago and had not previously used) and stamped it on vanilla with one of SU's new in colors, pacific point. Ooooo, do I love this color. So far, I only have the ink pad, but the card stock will surely be on my next order. I teamed it up with night of navy, which I thought worked quite well. I used both flourishes from Priceless, stamping the larger one toward the base of the cross and the smaller one in the opposite direction, both stamped in night of navy. Then I added some small flowers randomly around the flourish.

I punched off two corners with a tag corner punch and did the same on the navy layer behind the stamped image. Then I added silver brads in those same corners.

For the vanilla card base, I inked up my so swirly jumbo wheel in pacific point and rolled it just once along the fold side of the card stock. The sentiment from fundamental phrases was stamped in navy and the image panel is raised on foam tape.

supplies:
stamps: refuge and strength, priceless, fundamental phrases, so swirly jumbo wheel
ink: pacific point, night of navy
paper: very vanilla, night of navy
other: 1/16" punch, silver brads, foam tape, tag corner punch

I'm so glad you stopped by today. Be blessed.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Super cute cards Melody!!!