Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Texturize

Hello everyone. This card I have to show you was really fun to make. It's for a world card making day challenge over at the CLASSroom and it's all about texture, which makes this a fun, feely card.

First I stamped a bunch of stems with a stem stamp from SU's hostess set, Happiness Always. Then I cut some felt circles and attached them with white brads and added some stamped leaves.

For the big flower, I made a nested circle flower, which was one of the challenges for world card making day on splitcoast. I used fabric circles and a button. This became the final flower. I attached this layer to night of navy and a tempting turquoise card base.

I stamped a sentiment from One of a Kind and punched out the words only with my 1-1/4" circle punch. For the layer behind it and the photo corner, I attached some drywall tape to night of navy card stock and punched it. Both pieces are raised on foam tape.

To finish off the card, I tore a narrow strip of fabric and wrapped it around the front of the card and tied a knot.

supplies:
stamps: happiness always, one of a kind
ink: always artichoke, night of navy
paper, tempting turquoise, night of navy, very vanilla
other: fabric, button, felt, white brads, drywall tape, photo corner punch, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" circle punches, foam tape.

Thank you for stopping by. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Melody, I love your creativeness and I have tagged you on my blog:
http://www.rightbrainmadness.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the texture you added to this card. It is so different and SO interesting! Thank you yet again for participating in our WCMD challenges!