Tuesday, December 30, 2008

no color

Hello. I was able to stamp again today. I did another of Gina's challenge a day - this one: black and white. I love black and white cards, because they usually are very elegant and that was my goal with this one.

Since it was a Gina K challenge, I again used Botanical Dreams. I stamped the image with stazon and colored with black Koh-i-noor AND prismacolor colored pencils. I started with the Koh-i-noor black, but couldn't get the intensity of color that I wanted, so I switched to the prismacolor pencil. It felt kind of strange to be using this coloring technique, but without any color. Definitely a completely different result.

The tiny black and white flowers are a Michael's dollar bin punch. The sentiment is stamped using white lumiere paint and the piece of grungeboard is also painted with that. I do like how this turned out.

stamps: botanical dreams (Gina K)
ink: jet black stazon
paper: whisper white, basic black
other: tiny flower punch (Michaels), threading water punch (Fiskars), gamsol, Koh-i-noor & Prismacolor colored pencils, grungeboard, white lumiere paint

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just STUNNING Melody!!