Thursday, January 22, 2009

embellish your dp

Hello, everyone. Today on splitcoast, the ways to use it challenge was to use designer paper, but you had to do something to it to make it more than it was.

So I pulled out a piece that had a very light design on it and used my versamarker to add some gold embossing to parts of the design. I needed to go over it twice to get the coverage that I wanted. I used that for the background with a layer of pacific point card stock and a card base of naturals ivory.

For the main image, I used a flower from a new hostess set, echoes of kindness, but only inked up part of it. I colored it with colored pencils and gamsol. The corners were punched with the ticket corner punch

The flower embellishment is made from punched flowers that are sponged and layered. There are two large punches, two medium and one small and a brad in the center.

I added some faux stitching, twill and brads. The flower and the image panel are raised on dimensional tape.

stamps: echoes of kindness
ink: jet black stazon, pacific point
paper: naturals ivory, pacific point, dp (unknown)
other: gold ep, heat gun, versamarker, koh-i-noor color pencils, gamsol, brads, 5 petal flower punch, daisy punch, boho blossoms punch, ticket corner punch, foam tape, twill

Thanks for stopping by. Be blessed.

3 comments:

Starla said...

I love how you use blue so much!! Nice job on the paper too

Chris said...

What a super idea to embellish the designer paper. It really makes this card extra special. :)

I wanted to thank you publicly too for sending out birthday wishes each year on SCS - you are so kind!

Anonymous said...

I really like what you do with flowers...very pretty