Thursday, January 29, 2009

a sketch

Hello, everyone. Today I spent the day at my sister's. We stamped a little. I put together a card for Wednesday's sketch challenge on splitcoast. I had to finish it after I came home, since I needed a couple of things that I didn't take with me.

I promised my Tues. class that we'd do another valentine, so I wanted to make this card for that. That means keeping it pretty simplified. I haven't used my always set much, so I decided to use it for this challenge.

I stamped the sprig randomly in cameo coral for the background. The bird is stamped in pacific point on vanilla. Most of the layers have sponging around the edges. The heart is punched with the heart to heart punch and then stamped with the large heart in the always set and sponged around the edges.

To hang the heart from the bird's beak, I punched 1/16" holes on either side of the beak and threaded the linen thread through the holes. A piece of foam tape holds the thread in place on the back. The heart is also raised on foam tape, again holding the linen thread in place.

What's in it?
stamps: always (SU)
ink: pacific point, cameo coral, jet black stazon
paper: pacific point, cameo coral, very vanilla, dp (Nicole)
other: sponge, linen thread, heart to heart punch, 1/16" punch, foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Starla said...

I like how you hung the heart!!

Anonymous said...

Now That is what I call CUTE! Love the bird holding the string with heart attached! Awesome! TFS!!~